Laguna Honda in Top Rank of Skilled Nursing Facilities
Five Stars: The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in January 2013 elevated Laguna Honda to a 5-star rating, the highest rank for nursing homes nationally. We achieved the 5-star goal a full year ahead of our self-imposed quality improvement schedule (see "our priorities" below). We are proud of the work we have done to reach this point, and we are committed to maintaining standards of excellence that assist our patients to fully participate in the affirming communities that make up their lives.
Our Priorities for Fiscal Year 2012-2013
The six priorities guiding our work for 2012-2013 are:
- Achieving 5-star status in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Nursing Home Compare Report
- Ensuring the appropriate level of care for every patient, applicant or former patient whether at Laguna Honda or upon discharge to other community settings
- Committing to excellence in patient outcomes and satisfaction by:
- maintaining consistent assignment of caregivers to residents,
- practicing evidence-based health care,
- taking proactive safety measures, and
- promoting effective communication among caregivers and between caregivers and residents.
- Providing integrated service delivery in partnership with other branches of the Department of Public Health
- Advancing fiscal responsibility in all aspects of operations
- Promoting staff and community wellness to support a healthy, motivated workforce and a flourishing community