Laguna Honda Hospital Visits During COVID-19
Updated August 11, 2021
Please review the guidelines carefully.
Visits can only take place on “Green Level” neighborhoods. If a neighborhood has a resident or staff COVID-19 case, it is placed on “Amber Level” temporarily and visits are canceled. You will receive a notification that your visit has been canceled.
Effective Wednesday, August 11, 2021, the California Department of Public Health requires that all visitors to acute health care and long-term care settings, which includes Laguna Honda, show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test. The Health Order is linked here
Your Resident Care Team is available to answer questions.
SCHEDULING A VISIT - BOOK VISITS ONLINE
- Click here to visit the booking page.
- Under "Select service," click on the neighborhood you are visiting. The neighborhood will turn green, but you will remain on the same page.
- Scroll down to the calendar and select a visit date and time. The calendar date and time will turn green, but you will remain on the same page.
- Scroll down to the "Add your details" section and enter your name, email, and phone number.
- Click the "Book" button at the bottom of the page.
ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST
Visitors who are fully vaccinated (2 weeks after final dose) must show proof upon entry. Acceptable proof includes:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered); OR
- Photo of a Vaccination Record Card as a separate document; OR
- Photo of the client's Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device, OR
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider; OR
- Digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated visitors can visit indoors if they can show documentation of a negative COVID-19 test.
- The test must have taken place within 72 hours before each visit and test results must be available at the time of entry.
- PCR testing and antigen testing are both accepted.
- Children are NOT exempt. The negative test requirement applies to children who are not yet eligible for the vaccine.
EXEMPTIONS TO THE VACCINATION/NEGATIVE TEST REQUIREMENT
- “End of life” visits are exempt. We strongly encourage all visitors to be vaccinated or to have a negative COVID-19 test but we recognize the importance of seeing loved ones who are in critical condition.
- The Health Order does not apply to outdoor visits and Laguna Honda will have spaces for outdoor visits in the parking area outside of the Pavilion entrance. There are two spots only and these are first come first serve.
PREPARING FOR THE VISIT
- Visitors will be responsible for reporting COVID-19 symptoms to your resident’s Social Worker. If symptoms are present, the visit could be postponed for 14 days, depending on when symptoms began.
- Please schedule visits using LHH’s online booking tool.
- Visits may be canceled on short notice (for example, a COVID-19 case).
- Bathrooms are available for visitors in the lobby. Please do not use bathrooms on the units.
ARRIVING FOR THE VISIT
For indoor and outdoor visits, arrive to the front of the hospital building. You will be screened, however, you will no longer be escorted to your visit location.
- All visitors will be screened the day of the visit. This includes questions about COVID-19 symptoms and a temperature check. The visit will be postponed for at least 14 days if symptoms are present.
- Visitors must use the mask provided by Laguna Honda.
- Three visitors maximum are allowed per resident at any time.
- Visitors must be two years of age or older (infants not allowed at this time).
- Visitors cannot bring animals. Service animals are always welcome.
DURING THE VISIT
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- Fully vaccinated residents and fully vaccinated visitors can share a hug or touch.
- Visitors can bring gifts and food to leave with resident or staff. Food cannot be shared during the visit.
- Visitors cannot smoke any tobacco products during the visit.
- Visits are one-hour and may get cut short if you are late.
- Please show up no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled visit.
- Visitors cannot take photos or video chat during their visit. Laguna Honda has a strict no photo and no video policy to protect our residents.