Laguna Honda Nurses Among Presenters at UCSF Research in Action Day
For Immediate Release
Contact Laguna Honda Communications Office
Laguna Honda Nurses Among Presenters at
UCSF Research in Action Day
San Francisco, CA -- Laguna Honda Chief Nursing Officer Donna Valencia, RN, MSN, and dementia care specialist Andre Michaud, RN, MS will be featured presenters at the University of California at San Francisco School of Nursing Research in Action Day October 25.
Donna will speak about "Enhancing Patient Safety and Quality of Life: Use of the Locator System in a Skilled Nursing Facility." Andre's presentation is "Monitoring Antipsychotic Medications Using Target Behavior Symptoms for Long Term Care Residents with Dementia."
The program will also feature poster exhibitions by five other Laguna Honda nurses:
- "Reduction of Moderate to Severe Pain through Enhanced Assessment" by Maria Roella Antoc, RN, BSN
- "Heels Up/Feet Up Pressure Ulcer Prevention Program" by Fatima Ascano-Martin, RN, DNP
- "Staff Led Problem Solving to Improve Warfarin Administration Safety" by Bronwyn Gundogdu, RN
- "Improving Palliative and End of Life Care in a Long Term Care Facility" by Anne Hughes, RN, PhD
- "There's No Place Like Home: Promoting Resident Community Integration via a Long Term Care Facility Transitions Program" by Kathleen MacKerrow, RN, MS